Celery Root and Apple Remoulade
Tart Granny Smith apple perfectly complements the mellow flavor of celery root (also called celeriac) in this creamy condiment.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2011
- 1 large celery root (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into large wedges
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered, and cored
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Using the large holes on a box grater or the grating disk of a food processor, shred celery root and apples and transfer to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, milk, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over celery root mixture. Add walnuts and parsley and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.