Rose Sangria with Citrus and Melon
Sangria made with rose wine and chock-full of citrus fruit and melon provides light refreshment.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2006
- 3 cups rose wine (about one 750mL bottle)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice (from 2 pink grapefruits), strained
- 3 ounces Cointreau or triple sec
- 3 ounces brandy or gold tequila
- 1 small lemon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 orange, cut into small, thin wedges
- 4 pounds cantaloupe or honeydew melon, seeded and cut into small wedges
- 3/4 cup natural lemon-lime soda, such as R. W. Knudsen's
Stir together wine, grapefruit juice, Cointreau, and brandy in a large pitcher. Stir in fruit. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to 8 hours). Stir in soda. Serve over ice.