Roasted Acorn Squash with Lemon and Nutmeg
This side pairs well with roast pork loin, lamb chops, or meatloaf.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2011
- 1 large acorn squash, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange squash wedges in a single layer. Dot with butter pieces. Roast until squash is tender and golden, about 30 minutes, flipping squash every 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon zest and nutmeg. Serve warm or at room temperature.