Spicy Turkey Thighs and Bacon Stir-Fry
If you prefer white meat, use an equal amount of boneless, skinless turkey breast.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2011
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless turkey thighs (about 2), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce, such as sambal oelek
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 bell peppers (any color), stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Cook rice according to package instructions. In a large bowl, whisk together egg white and cornstarch until combined. Add turkey and toss to coat. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, and chili sauce.
Heat a wok or large skillet over high. Add bacon and cook, stirring, until browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Add turkey mixture and ginger and stir until turkey begins to brown at edges, about 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and scallions and stir until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick enough to coat turkey and vegetables, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.