Sweet and Sour Glazed Chicken Wings
- Servings: 10
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2011
- 4 pounds chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt plus more for seasoning
- Ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in middle and upper thirds. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets; season with salt and pepper. Bake until deep golden brown, crisp, and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes, flipping chicken and rotating sheets halfway through.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high and cook until mixture is reduced by three-quarters (it should coat the back of a spoon), 35 to 40 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cayenne pepper (optional).
Transfer wings to a large bowl, add pomegranate glaze, and toss until coated. Serve warm or at room temperature.