Chickpea, Melon, and Rosemary Salad
- Yield: Makes 6 cups
Source: Mad Hungry
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 6-inch sprig rosemary, leaves stripped and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped melon, such as cantaloupe or honeydew
- 1 1/2 ounces speck (about 5 slices), thinly sliced crosswise into strips
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a small saute pan, combine olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Remove from heat and toss with chickpeas in a large bowl. Stir in melon, speck, lemon zest and juice, salt, and black pepper.