Under 30 Minutes
Chicken and Grape Salad
Supermarket rotisserie chicken comes together with sweet grapes and savory bacon in a fast, fresh dinner. This dish uses just half of a rotisserie chicken. Shred or slice the leftover meat and use in a sandwich, quesadilla, or pasta dish for another quick meal.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 rotisserie chicken (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 ounces red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium, stirring occasionally, until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 9 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
Meanwhile, shred half the chicken, discarding skin and bones. You should have about 2 cups meat. (Refrigerate remaining chicken, covered, up to 3 days.)
In a medium bowl, mash together yogurt and cheese with a fork. Stir in chives and garlic and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, bacon, lettuce, and grapes. Divide among four plates and serve with yogurt dressing.