Vanilla Dusty Ol' Okie-Rose Cake
This delicious vanilla Bundt cake recipe comes from Leah Lyon, winner of Nordic Ware's Bundts Across America Recipe Contest.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries (or thawed frozen strawberries)
- 1 cup strawberry preserves, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 ounces strawberry-cream tequila (optional)
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Organic rose petals, for garnish (optional)
- Red sanding sugar or sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-cup rose-shaped Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together strawberries, preserves, cream cheese, and white chocolate; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together granulated sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, corn flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture in two additions, alternating with the buttermilk and mixing well after each addition.
Pour half the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Spoon reserved strawberry mixture into pan; top with remaining batter. Transfer Bundt pan to oven and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle tequila over cake, if using; let cool 20 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar and vanilla bean seeds; dust cake with vanilla sugar and garnish with rose petals or sanding sugar, if desired. Serve with whipped cream.