Quick Sprouts and Kale
Source: Mad Hungry
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 pound lacinato kale, shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
Trim ends of brussels sprouts and shred in the bowl of a food processor.
Trim kale, removing thick center stems, and shred.
Heat oil in a large straight-sided saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add shallots and cook until shallots begin to soften and sweat, 1 minute.
Add brussels sprouts, kale, salt, and red-pepper flakes to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, remove from heat, and serve.