Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Parmesan cheese
- 8 springs fresh thyme, leaves only, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 12 (1-inch-thick) pieces, toasted
Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl; add enough warm water to cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
In a large bowl, mix together walnuts, cheese, thyme, and garlic. Working in batches, pass mixture through the medium die on a meat grinder into a bowl, adding olive oil as you grind mixture; the texture should be like coarse sand. Drizzle mixture with more olive oil, if necessary; stir to combine. Transfer to a small serving bowl and serve with toasts.