- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only, cut into 3-inch julienne
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and sliced crosswise 1/3 inch thick
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Romaine heart, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 ounces store-bought stuffed grape leaves, halved
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese
Heat vegetable oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Fry leeks in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per batch, and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil. Add cucumber, tomatoes, and kalamata olives and toss to combine.
Spread out Romaine on a large platter and cover with dressed vegetables. Top with grape leaves, chickpeas, leeks, and feta and serve.