Roasted Fall Vegetable Salad with Pumpkin, Golden Beets, Turnips, and Apples
Roasted produce makes a colorful addition to any fall dinner plate. This recipe comes from TV chef Nora Singley. Also try: Roasted Fall Vegetable Salad with Squash, Carrots, Pears, and Figs; Roasted Fall Salad with Parsnips, Brussels Sprouts, and Grapes
- 1 pound pumpkin, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3/4 pounds red onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, halved if small
- 1 red apple, cut into six wedges
- 1 pound small turnips, halved
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, plus 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Maldon sea salt
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet on the upper and lower third racks.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, red onion, apple, turnips, and thyme. Add olive oil and season with coarse salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Remove hot baking sheets from oven and divide vegetable and fruit mixture evenly between them, spreading in an even layer. Return baking sheets to oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 35 minutes, rotating baking sheets from top to bottom halfway through baking.
Remove baking sheets from oven and drizzle with vinegar; shake to combine. Transfer to a serving platter; drizzle with olive oil and garnish with thyme leaves. Season with sea salt and serve.