Dress up a plain potted plant with a touch of sparkling paint and some decorative holiday notions. This how-to comes from Hannah Milman, executive editorial director of crafts.
Tools and Materials
- Terra-cotta pot
- Primer (flat-finish paint) in same color as project paint
- Pearl metallic or glitter project paint
- Live topiary or ornament tree
- Rocks (optional)
- Gold glittered pinecones, ornaments, and/or LED ultraslim wire lights
Painted Holiday Pot How-To
- Use primer to paint first coat on terra-cotta pot. Let dry. Paint pot with pearl metallic or glitter project paint.
- Plant or cachepot a live topiary in pot; alternatively, fill pot with rocks and "plant" an ornament tree.
- Embellish with glittered gold pinecones, LED ultraslim wire lights, and ornaments to your liking.
Decorative lights, Pomegranate Red glitter project paint, Golden Pearl Metallic project paint, and all other tools and materials available at The Home Depot.