Roasted Fall Vegetable Salad with Squash, Carrots, Pears, and Figs
Sweet, savory, and seasonal, this salad from TV chef Nora Singley is sure to become a family favorite. Also try: Roasted Fall Salad with Parsnips, Brussels Sprouts, and Grapes
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 3-inch-long, 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 small delicata squash, halved, seeds removed, and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 figs, halved
- 1 pear, halved and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and unpeeled
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, plus 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- Maldon sea salt
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet on the upper and lower third racks each.
In a large bowl, combine carrots, squash, figs, pear, garlic, and thyme. Add olive oil and season with coarse salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Remove hot baking sheets from oven and divide vegetable and fruit mixture evenly between them, spreading in an even layer. Return baking sheets to oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 35 minutes, rotating baking sheets from top to bottom halfway through baking.
Remove baking sheets from oven and drizzle with vinegar; shake to combine. Transfer to a serving platter; drizzle with olive oil and garnish with thyme leaves. Season with sea salt and serve.