- Yield: Makes one 9-inch quiche
Source: Mad Hungry, November 2011
- 1/2 recipe Cream Cheese Pastry
- 2 cups Jarlsberg cheese, grated
- 1 heaping cup cubed ham (.56 ounce)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Couple dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Parmesan, grated
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roll pastry into a 9-inch disc and press into pie pan. Cut off loose ends and crimp edge using your thumbs and forefingers. Scatter cheese over bottom and top with ham.
Whisk eggs, cream, mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce together in a bowl. Pour over cheese and ham, stirring slightly to distribute egg mixture through cheese.
Top with Parmesan and grated nutmeg.
Bake for 40 minutes. Tent top with foil if baking to brown. Let rest at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.