Carrot and Parsnip Puree
Parsnips and carrots make a good companion to a main dish of pork chops.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living Special Issues, 1999
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium canned or homemade chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 chives
Blend butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chives, and 1/2 cup water; cook, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Transfer vegetables to a food processor or blender, and puree. Spoon into a serving dish, garnish with chives, and serve immediately with Braised Pork Chops with Cabbage.