1 of 9
“After staring at a screen all day, there’s nothing like the tactile experience of opening a book. Whether it’s about food or fairy tales, the book transports you to another world -- not a bad gift.” –- Carl Germann, managing editor
"Alexander Girard" ($200, ammobooks.com) is an encyclopedic (672 pages!) study of the design guru’s influential style, especially his whimsical table settings.
2 of 9
The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm
"The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm" ($40, taschen.com) presents 27 stories from siblings Jacob and Wilhelm, including "Sleeping Beauty" and "Snow White."
3 of 9
A Dissertation Upon Roast Pig
The "Great Food" series of 20 gastrocentric titles published by Penguin boasts unforgettable entries such as "A Dissertation Upon Roast Pig" ($12 each, amazon.com).
4 of 9
The Family Meal
Lauded Spanish chef Ferran Adria serves up his first collection of home-cooking recipes in "The Family Meal" ($30, phaidon.com).
5 of 9
New York's Golden Age of Bridges
"New York's Golden Age of Bridges" ($35, fordhampress.com) lionizes the Big Apple’s nine river spans.
6 of 9
The Greatest Gift
The basis for "It’s a Wonderful Life," this new edition of the short story "The Greatest Gift" ($25, graphicimage.com) by Philip Van Doren Stern features a new afterword by his daughter.
7 of 9
"Country" ($60, bn.com) by Jasper Conran rhapsodizes on life outside the big cities.
8 of 9
Paul Smith and Bruce Weber penned essays for "Jewelry" (limited edition, $165, deveraobjects.com), a showcase for baubles created or collected by New York City shopkeeper and jeweler Federico de Vera.
9 of 9
F. Scott Fitzgerald Reissues
Art Deco–themed jackets swathe F. Scott Fitzgerald reissues, including "Tales of the Jazz Age," "This Side of Paradise," and "The Beautiful and Damned" ($25 each, penguinclassics.com).
You Just Viewed
Great Book Gifts from Martha Stewart LivingReplay
- The Barest Simmer
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- A Blueprint for Color
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Decorate with Brass
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love