Make-ahead strategies bring a Southeast Asian menu together in time for a fun weeknight dinner party.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2011
Two Days Ahead
Make and freeze the granita and clementine "cups."
One Day Ahead
- Make the shrimp paste. Slice the baguette.
- Marinate the chicken.
- Boil the noodles.
Night Of The Dinner
- Make the soup. Let the noodles stand at room temperature.
- Scrape the granita, and scoop into clementine cups; freeze until ready to eat.
- Assemble and broil the shrimp toasts. Serve them warm as they come out of the oven.
- Broil the chicken; let rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes for the soup. Rewarm the soup over low heat if needed, and squeeze in the lemon juice. Toss the chicken with basil and lime.