Source: Mad Hungry, November 2011
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste (or regular tomato paste)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 piece store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with oven rack in center position.
In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomato paste and olive oil.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 12-inch square. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Spread tomato paste mixture evenly over puff pastry with a rubber spatula. Top with cheese and black pepper. Using a pizza wheel, cut into quarters in one direction and sixths in the other to yield 24 pieces.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes until puffed and golden. Let cool to room temperature on cooling rack before serving.