Give everyday houseplants the Halloween treatment with this easy how-to.
Tools and Materials
- Floral wire
- Bandage gauze
- Craft glue
- Gummy eyeballs
- Tombstone and bat template
- Card stock
- Crayons (black, white, gray, green, and red)
- Black craft paper
Haunted Houseplant How-To
- To make hands, fold 18-inch floral wire to create four fingers, each about 1 inch long. To secure, twist wire around itself where palm would be. Wrap wire with bandage gauze, starting at the palm, continuing to fingers and ending with the arm. Secure end of gauze with craft glue. For added effect, apply dirt to hands using glue.
- For eyeballs, make small loop on one end of 10-inch length of floral wire with pliers. Thread gummy eyeball onto other end of wire and push over loop. Bend and shape wire as desired.
- For tombstones, download template and print onto card stock.
- Cut out tombstones and use sides of crayons to age and distress.
- With tape, attach floral wire to back of each tombstone.
- To make bats, download, print and cut out template. Fold black craft paper in half and trace template using the fold as a guide. Cut out bat and attach to desired length of floral wire with craft glue.
- Insert all decorations as desired into soil of houseplants.
All tools and materials available at your local crafts-supply and floral-supply stores.