A spooky Halloween scene glows from within; make it using clip art and a few basic materials.
Tools and Materials
- Halloween hurricane clip art
- Letter-size (8 1/2 inches by 11 inches) printable vellum
- Color printer
- Matte-finish transparent tape
- 6- to 8-inch-tall glass ("hurricane") cylinder
- Pillar candle
Hurricane Candleholder How-To
- Print clip art on vellum, printing as many copies as you will need to cover the cylinder. Note: Reduce the design by the following percentages for cylinders smaller than 8 inches:
7.5 inches – 94 percent
7 inches – 87.5 percent
6.5 inches – 81 percent
6 inches – 75 percent
- Trim clip art on dotted lines. If using more than one piece of vellum, overlap the design slightly (by about 1/8 inch) and tape pieces together.
- Wrap vellum around glass cylinder and tape in place.
- Place pillar candle inside cylinder and light.