Baked Eggs with Bacon, Cheese, and Herbs
Serve eggs in individual ramekins for a lovely breakfast party with this recipe from "Martha's Entertaining."
- 4 ounces bacon (4 strips), diced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fontina, Gruyere, or mild white cheddar cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook bacon in a medium saute pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. In a small bowl, combine chives and parsley.
Butter six 8-ounce ramekins, and add bacon to each, dividing evenly. Crack two eggs into each ramekin, being careful not to break the yolks. Place ramekins in a roasting pan, and pour in enough steaming hot water to reach halfway up the sides of ramekins. Cover pan tightly with foil; bake 20 minutes.
Carefully remove pan from oven. Dividing evenly, sprinkle two ramekins carefully with goat cheese; sprinkle another two ramekins with fontina. Top each of remaining two ramekins with 1 tablespoon mixed herbs. Cover pan again and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
Using tongs, carefully remove ramekins from water bath. Season eggs with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, October 2011