Under 30 Minutes
Broiled Shrimp Toasts
This simple and quick version of the dim sum favorite is a healthier, less greasy appetizer than the usual fried shrimp toasts.
- 4 ounces rock shrimp (or peeled medium shrimp, deveined)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (Asian chili sauce) or other chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium baguette, sliced into 20 thin slices (less than 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Pulse shrimp, shallot, and ginger in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lime zest and juice.
Heat broiler. Working in 2 batches, toast bread slices on a rimmed baking sheet 8 inches from heat source until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from oven. Flip bread, generously brush tops with butter, and spread with a thin layer of shrimp paste (about 1 teaspoon each).
Broil until shrimp mixture is opaque and cooked through and toasts are browned, about 1 minute. Serve warm.