Shiitake, Shrimp, and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
This Chinese stir-fry is packed with flavor and takes only 30 minutes to cook.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved (large ones quartered)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed (2 cups)
- 2 scallions (green parts only), chopped
In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, and red-pepper flakes.
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, just until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic mixture and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and snow peas and cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. To serve, top with scallions.