Creamy Shiitake Alfredo
Rich, meaty mushrooms add a filling and satisfying element to a bowl of pasta tossed in a creamy alfredo sauce that will keep you warm on those chilly fall and winter nights.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound fusilli or other short twisted pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir in cream, and cook until warmed (do not let boil). Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta to skillet, toss to combine, and top with Parmesan.