Roasted Parsnips and Apples
Surprise everyone at dinner with this savory, sweet combination.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 apples, such as Gala or Pink Lady, cored and diced large
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine parsnips and apples. Dot with butter. Roast until parsnips and apples are tender and golden, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Toss with orange zest, orange juice, and cinnamon; season with salt.