Brandied Pecan Pie
This pie uses the crust from our Brown-Sugar Buttermilk Pie recipe. If you want to make both pies, prepare a double batch of dough, dividing it into 2 disks before chilling overnight or freezing up to 3 months.
- 1 recipe pie crust (from Brown-Sugar Buttermilk Pie)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
Nut Note: Substitute walnuts or blanched hazelnuts for half the pecans. This pie is wonderful on its own or with a satisfying dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla.
Prepare pie crust (following steps 1 and 2). Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, brand (if using), and salt. Fold in pecans. Pour filling into pie shell and bake until set but still slightly wobbly in center, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 2 hours, before serving.