Brandied Pecan Pie
This pie puts an adult spin on the traditional holiday favorite dessert with the addition of a few tablespoons of brandy.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 recipe pie crust (from Brown-Sugar Buttermilk Pie)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
Prepare pie crust (following steps 1 and 2). Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, brand (if using), and salt. Fold in pecans. Pour filling into pie shell and bake until set but still slightly wobbly in center, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 2 hours, before serving.