Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
No pancetta? No worries. You can swap in some bacon and still get the salty bite of pork this side dish needs.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced pancetta, diced small
- Extra-virgin olive oil, if needed
- 1 3/4 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (10 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1/4 cup drippings (if necessary, add enough oil to measure 1/4 cup). Add brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 10 minutes. Stir in rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in pancetta. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.