Roasted Sweet-Potato Salsa
Sweet potatoes are packed with fiber, potassium, and antioxidants.
- 1 large sweet potato (1 pound), peeled and diced small
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, diced small
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Coarse salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potato, red onion, and olive oil. Roast until sweet potato is tender and browned in spots, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool completely.
Add tomato, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and toss to combine.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2011