Vegetable Egg Scramble with Feta
Using more egg whites than yolks makes this dish low in fat. Serve on whole-wheat toast for extra fiber.
- Servings: 2
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced medium
- 1/2 small zucchini, diced medium
- 2 ounces baby spinach (1 cup)
- 2 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces feta, crumbled (3 tablespoons)
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, tomato, and zucchini and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in spinach and cook until beginning to wilt, 1 minute. Season eggs with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook, stirring with a rubber spatula, until eggs are set, about 2 minutes. To serve, divide between two plates and sprinkle with feta.