Roast Chicken with Cauliflower and White Beans
This chicken breast is roasted with cauliflower, then a panko mixture is added and roasted for a crunchy texture and delicious flavor.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast (about 10 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (from a 15-ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, skin side up, in center of cauliflower; roast 20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon oil, panko, cheese, and rosemary.
Remove sheet from oven. Add beans, lemon zest, and red-pepper flakes to cauliflower; sprinkle cauliflower mixture with panko mixture and roast until panko is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes.