Pork Ragu with Pasta
The pork gives a little protein heft to vegetable tomato sauce over pasta.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 cup reserved roasted vegetables (from Pork Chops with Fennel and Carrots), coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 reserved cooked pork chops (from Pork Chops with Fennel and Carrots)
- 3/4 pound short twisted pasta, such as cavatappi
- Finely grated Parmesan
In a medium pot, combine roasted vegetables, tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning blend; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then nestle pork chops in mixture. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until pork chops are very tender, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
Transfer pork chops to a large bowl. With 2 forks, shred meat, discarding bones. Add pasta and sauce to bowl and toss to combine. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan.