Cream Cheese Frosting for Emeril's Pumpkin-Spice Cupcakes
Use this frosting to make Emeril's Pumpkin-Spice Cupcakes.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 4 minutes. With mixer on low, beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy, 5 minutes. Thin with whole milk if necessary.