Spicy Sauteed Kale with Lemon
Bright, bold flavors like chili peppers, lemon, and honey help make this side dish of sauteed kale a standout on the dinner table.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Thai or jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed and slices quartered
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 bunches kale (1 1/2 pounds), tough stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Coarse salt
In a large skillet, heat oil and chile over medium-high heat. Add lemon and honey and cook, stirring, until lemon begins to break down, about 2 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Add scallions, season with salt, and cook 1 minute. Serve warm or at room temperature.