Vidalia onion adds a subtle sweetness to this crunchy coleslaw.
- 1 Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced (8 cups)
Place onions in a bowl, cover with cold water, and steep 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seeds.
Drain onions. Add to bowl along with cabbage and stir until well combined. Cover and store in fridge. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.