Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne, and vinegar to pot, raise heat, and boil, whisking constantly, until sugar and salt dissolve, 1 minute.
Remove from heat; whisk in lemon juice and hot sauce. Serve warm.