1 of 8
Easy Party Decor
Take a cue from Living's Kevin Sharkey and throw a New Year's party that's laid-back yet glittering.
Here, Kevin's apartment is filled with silver and white balloons, an easy decoration that makes a huge impact.
2 of 8
Cool Cookie Cake
In lieu of a traditional dessert tray, Kevin opted for a whimsical stacked Oreo tower -- complete with sparkler candles.
3 of 8
For a laid-back affair, keep the food and drinks simple. Here, Kevin set up a bar in the dining room. Guests can help themselves by mixing a drink or pouring Champagne.
5 of 8
Keeping with the casual yet festive theme of the party, a spirited game of table tennis begins on Kevin's dining room table.
6 of 8
Another simple-yet-elegant idea is to set up a caviar station. Include toast points and plenty of serving spoons.
7 of 8
Mix and Mingle
While the dress is black tie, the vibe is casual and fun. Case in point: drinks and conversation on the kitchen countertops.
8 of 8
Making full use of the dining room's reflective wall, Kevin and his guests kept tabs on the game with a makeshift (and chic) scoreboard that was easily wiped clean.
You Just Viewed
A New Year's Eve Cocktail PartyReplay
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- A Blueprint for Color
- The Barest Simmer
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Decorate with Brass
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter