Turn Halloween candy (or anytime candy) into playful little figures with this easy-as-can-be craft.
Tools and Materials
- Rectangular-wrapped or -boxed Halloween candy (such as Dots, Lemonheads, Jujyfruits, Junior Mints, Kit Kats, etc.)
- Tubular-wrapped Halloween candy (such as Tootsie Rolls and Smarties)
- Jack-o'-lantern or other stickers
- Craft scissors
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Waxed twine
Candy People How-To
- Choose lollipops with jack-o'-lantern or other faces to act as the heads of your candy people. (Tip: If unavailable, use plain lollipops and apply Jack-O-Lantern or other funny face stickers -- or even googly eyes -- to the wrapper.)
- Trim lollipop stick, if necessary, and with hot glue attach to back of desired rectangular wrapped or boxed candy.
- Using hot glue, attach Tootsie Rolls as arms and rolls of Smarties as legs.
- To hang your candy person as an ornament, use hot glue to attach a loop of waxed twine to the back of the lollipop head.
Stitched-felt pumpkin stickers available from Martha Stewart Crafts. Additional tools and materials available from your local crafts store.