This juicy chicken burger is spiked with chives, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard to help build flavor right into the patty.
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 1/2 pounds ground light and dark meat chicken
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 slices fontina cheese (optional)
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Dijon mustard
Preheat outdoor grill (or grill pan, if cooking indoors) to medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, mustard, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and chives and form into four 6-ounce patties.
Grill patties 8-10 minutes, flipping once, until juices run clear (160 degrees on a meat thermometer). Top patties with cheese during last minute of cooking and cover grill (or grill pan) to melt.
Lightly grill cut side of buns if desired. Serve with optional garnishes.