Salmon and Potatoes in Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 3/4 pound small white potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large, straight-sided skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice; cook until liquid is slightly reduced, 10 minutes. Reserve half the tomato sauce (about 3 cups) for another use.
Add potatoes, olives, and 1/2 cup water to skillet with remaining sauce. Partially cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender, 8 minutes. Stir in parsley. Season salmon with salt and pepper; nestle among potatoes and sauce. Cover and cook until fish is opaque throughout and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 10 minutes. Serve salmon with potatoes and sauce.