Serve this homemade granola on plain yogurt with fresh fruit for a sweet, healthy breakfast.
- 1/3 cup unsulfured molasses (not blackstrap)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together molasses, oil, cinnamon, and salt. Add oats, coconut, and pecans; stir gently with a rubber spatula until oats are completely coated. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes (watch carefully, as mixture burns easily). Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack, 30 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2011