Chicken with Parmesan Grits and Tomatoes
Cheesy grits and sweet grape tomatoes enliven skillet-cooked chicken in this no-fuss meal.
- Servings: 1
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Everyday Food, October 2011
- 1 large boneless, skin-on chicken thigh (5 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup instant grits
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, finely grated (2 tablespoons)
- Roughly chopped fresh parsley, for serving
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, skin side down, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes (reduce heat if chicken browns too quickly). Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. In skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium and add tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Cook until tomatoes are softened and onion is tender, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small pot, bring 1 cup water to boil. Stir in grits and pinch of salt; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed, about 7 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. To serve, top grits with chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with parsley.