Beef and Pineapple Red Curry
Red Thai curry paste, rich with dried red chiles, is great with beef, chicken, fish, or shrimp.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2011
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed and cut against the grain into very thin strips
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups large diced pineapple (12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned, 2 minutes. Add green beans and pineapple and cook, stirring, until pineapple starts to release juices, 1 minute. Add broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer until green beans are crisp-tender, 8 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with basil.