Green-Curry Pork and Eggplant
Green Thai curry paste, with the clean flavors of fresh chiles and herbs, is wonderful with pork and vegetables.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2011
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup green curry paste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- 1 scallion green, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges (optional), for serving
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add pork and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 minutes. Add eggplant and cook until beginning to soften, 4 minutes. Add broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, stirring frequently, until eggplant is tender, 4 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with scallion, cilantro, and lime wedges, if desired.