Green Vegetable Curry
Green Thai curry paste, with the clean flavors of fresh chiles and herbs, is wonderful with vegetables.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2011
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved if large
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 4 heads baby bok choy (6 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, green beans, bok choy, and bell pepper and cook until beans are bright green, 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer until beans are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with basil.