Farro, Feta, and Mint Salad
Bright Mediterranean flavors shine in this filling and refreshing salad.
- Yield: Makes 6 cups
Source: Mad Hungry, Episode 1110
- 1 cup farro
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Coarse salt to taste
Boil farro in salted water for 25 to 30 minutes and drain. Combine in a bowl with chickpeas. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and olive oil. When cool, stir in the cheese, tomatoes, red onion, and mint.