Brown Rice, Chicken, and Cilantro Salad
Soy sauce and sesame seeds add Asian flair to this chicken salad.
- Servings: 6
- Yield: Makes 5 cups
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded bok choy or cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
Bring rice, 1 3/4 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small pot. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 50 minutes. Stir in vinegar while hot. Cool.
Combine soy sauce with 3 tablespoons water in a pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, covered, for 4 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and cool.
In a bowl, combine the rice, chicken and liquid, cabbage, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve with lime.