Decorate the table at your next party with creatively folded napkins, an easy and economical decorating idea from event planner David Stark.
Tools and Materials
- Needle and thread
- With a needle and thread, sew a tiny, festive pom-pom in the middle of the napkin. Beginning with the napkin fully open, laid out as a square, fold napkin in half horizontally so that the fold is at the top. Press.
- With the finger of your right hand, hold the center of the top fold of the napkin. With your left hand, loosely roll down the left-hand corner, working toward a cone shape. Continue rolling the cone toward the center of the napkin, stopping the roll when the point, or tail, is centered at the back of the cone.
- With one finger of your left hand holding the napkin down at the bottom of the center crease, grasp the lower right hand corner with your right hand and fold up about 2 inches toward the top of the napkin. Press.
- Roll the cone completely and tuck in the loose point between the layers of the cone.
- Flip over the napkin so that the front of the cone faces you. Fold the tail of the cone up to create a “cuff” that is 3 to 4 inches high in the front. Press.