Bruschetta with Ricotta-Lemon Spread
This quick appetizer comes together in minutes, and the spread will keep in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 baguette, sliced on bias
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
Brush baguette slices with olive oil, grill until toasted. Rub slices with raw garlic clove.
Stir together ricotta, zest, olive oil, basil, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Spread can be refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 1 week.