- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces, white and light green parts only
- 15 pods okra, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 purple bell pepper, preferably heirloom, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked farro or brown rice, for serving
Heat olive oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, okra, eggplant, and peppers; cook, stirring until vegetables have softened, about 3 minutes.
Stir in parsley and basil; season with salt and pepper. Add 1/3 cup water and cover skillet; let cook until vegetables are tender about 2 minutes. Serve with farro or brown rice; drizzle with olive oil just before serving.